I’ve been writing for almost 35 years but I guess my short story in grade 1 doesn’t quite count for professional experience.
Perhaps I’ll just give you the last 20 years then.
International senior writer with over 20 years experience gained in various global work environments. Over 15 years of technical communication, analytical, and writing skills. Demonstrated ability to organize and administer a variety of tasks within parameters of time and budget. Flexible and motivated with a strong ability to meet deadlines.
Content Design – see Content Design
Fiction — see Fiction
- Created help content site using Confluence and Scroll Viewport and for Bluetooth-enabled app lockers.
- Developed range of how-to videos in nine languages for process around delivery and collection of items in Bluetooth-enabled app lockers.
- Developed and wrote user-researched documentation for a leader in consumer electronics.
- Conducted task analysis with subject matter experts to determine content requirements for a consumer electronics client.
- Scheduled reviews of client’s documentation and training by subject matter experts to obtain approval for release.
- Corrected defects found after documentation release for client’s documents.
- Participated in multiple rounds of user testing on products for consumer electronics client.
- Translated complex ideas into user-friendly instructions as part of user documentation.
- Updated consumer electronics client’s existing style guide.
- Launched canada.com’s Travel Channel on schedule.
- Managed timelines for 300+ attendee annual training conference for Gavel & Gown Software Inc.
- Spearheaded development and planning of company communications strategy for Gavel & Gown Software Inc.
- Supervised staff for web launch and online technology forums for Gavel & Gown Software Inc.
- Developed and executed six concurrent marketing plans for Blackstaff Press titles twice a year.
- Managed internal task tracking program to increase efficiency for UE department of consumer electronics leader.
- Developed awards program resulting in legal technology industry awards.
Marketing – Public Relations Writing
- Researched, wrote and edited all marketing collateral such as brochures, postcards, email blasts, newsletters for Gavel & Gown Software Inc.
- Researched, wrote and edited all marketing collateral such as advanced information, newsletters, email blasts for Blackstaff Press.
- Produced and wrote monthly newsletter and aided with the design of school promotional banners increasing enrollment by 40%.
- Increased Gavel & Gown Software Inc. profile with the bylined articles, white papers, creative design, copyediting and production of all marketing and communication materials.
- Raised profile of CEO as industry expert through editorial placement.
- Developed and wrote original web content to enhance the Invest Northern Ireland’s profile.
- Researched, sourced and edited content for canada.com’s Travel Channel.
- Researched, sourced and edited content for mosaicminds.net Travel section.
- Edited for print articles in Toronto-based Expose Entertainment magazine.
- Edited content for various websites built by 207 Media.
- Covered hard news stories in a daily newspaper environment.
- Researched and wrote feature articles.
- Analyzed statistical information to write simplified articles for readers.
- Gathered information from multiple people on various subject matters to create well researched articles for readers.
- Completed tasks on deadline 100% of the time.
- Wrote researched feature articles for Toronto-based Expose Entertainment magazine.